Olden Carpet and Flooring is a family-owned and operated carpet flooring retailer with a showroom in Langhorne and shop at home services available. We carry a wide selection of high-quality brands. You can find the style, color, and texture as well as the price that is right for you. If you have pets and want softness between your toes when you walk barefoot around your home, Mohawk SmartStrand Forever Clean may be right for you. This carpet includes All Pet Protection and Warranty, covering ‘all pets, all accidents, all the time.' The permanent built-in stain and soil protection won't wash or wear off, which means that the durable carpet is always easy to clean. What's more, Mohawk offers a 100% lifetime protection guarantee.
Carpet pile describes the density and length of individual fibers. Uneven length fibers are known as textured cut pile.These fibers create a more textured, fuller surface. In contrast, cut pile carpet has fibers with even lengths. These types of carpet
include plush, Saxony, shag, frieze, and Berber. These terms refer to the way the fiber is attached to the backing. Instead of focusing on how each style looks, consider how well your lifestyle would work with a particular style if it were in your home.
- Plush -thick and soft; shows footprints and vacuum tracks; ideal for formal living rooms and master bedrooms
- Saxony -most common type of carpeting; less dense than plush; shows footprints and vacuum tracks
- Shag -deep pile; comes in long, short, and mini length; elegant look
- Frieze -less formal than plush, but more sophisticated than Berber or many textured pieces; soft and fuzzy texture hides footprints and dirt well
- Berber -flat and dense; created from continuous fiber loops; doesn't show soil, stains, or tracks; ideal for high traffic areas